Since launching their imprint in the summer of 2022, the 4-piece Scenarios collective of Sean Doron, Emanuel Satie, Tim Engelhart, and MAGA have released some highly impressive collaborations between themselves on the label.
Together the four artists aim to combine their own unique talents to offer a bespoke experience which puts it focus on deep, melodic, and infectious club sounds, through carefully curated label releases and events.
Despite being just half a year into their endeavour, Scenarios has already seen an impressive level of success, and if things continue on their current trend the group will be serious players in the European club scene come the latter stages of 2023.
The previously mentioned co-founder MAGA joins us this week for our latest edition of 40 Questions, a French artist who alongside his previous work on Scenarios, has also released his music on many well respected record labels, such as Stil Vor Talent, The Gardens Of Babylon, and Kindisch.
The feature finds him chat about everything from his time playing at Burning Man and who his dream collaboration might be with, to his experiences of eating ostrich and travelling to Japan. Read our first 40 Questions feature of 2023 below.
1. Where are you right now and what are you doing?
Just finished an incredible show at MUTE, Mar Del Plata in Argentina.
2. What year were you born?
3. Do you have a nickname?
4. What’s the coolest thing in your house?
Some of the art I’ve collected from around the world.
5. How would you describe yourself?
Outgoing and ambitious, yet reserved at the right times.
6. Worst experience as a DJ?
Playing and having to go to the airport just to land across the world to play again.
7. Best experience as a DJ?
Seeing the crowd smile while playing for Robot Heart & Mayan Warrior at Burning Man.
8. Favourite record label?
9. What’s your biggest weakness?
10. First record you ever paid for?
Moby – Porcelain.
11. What’s your morning routine?
Gym, breakfast, studio.
12. Your dream collaboration?
Sharing a studio session with Mano Le Tough and Damian Lazarus.
13. Tell us something we shouldn’t know about you?
I’m not the best morning person.
14. Who’s your biggest inspiration outside of music?
The most important person in my life, my mother.
15. And in the industry?
16. Ever smoked?
17. Ever done drugs?
18. What’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
My new suitcase.
19. And the best gift you’ve ever given?
20. What’s the coolest place you’ve ever been to?
21. And one place you want to visit?
22. If you weren’t in the music industry, what would you be doing?
23. Worst job you’ve ever had?
24. Favourite record right now?
Ivory – I Need You Now.
25. And the best record ever made?
Pink Floyd – Breathe (In The Air).
26. One thing you couldn’t live without?
27. Your favourite food?
28. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
29. Who would you want to play you in a movie?
30. What’s something you’re passionate about besides music?
Discovering the world.
31. Favourite club you’ve played?
32. Favourite festival you’ve played?
33. Craziest story of being on the road?
When Covid hit, we were almost all trapped in SXM. Airlines cancelled our flights and closed the airports, then re-issued us tickets on another flight.
34. Weirdest request as a DJ?
Can you play some reggaeton?
35. If you had one super power what would it be?
36. Late sleeper or early riser?
I’m in between.
37. Strangest video you’ve watched on YouTube?
38. The top thing on your bucket list?
Top was visiting Japan which I did at the end of 2022, it was awesome.
39. Most memorable moment of your life so far?
Playing under the Northern Lights in Iceland.
40. Will you ever be done with music?
Find more 40 Questions HERE.
MAGA & Sean Doron & Tim Engelhart & Emanuel Satie – Side By Side EP is out now on Scenarios.